Apex

Quick rant thread.

"E30 2 door/coupe full black door cards... very hard to find."

Only found in virtually every 2-door E30 ever made.

9 minutes ago, gjm said:

"E30 2 door/coupe full black door cards... very hard to find."

Only found in virtually every 2-door E30 ever made.

Yes, but only $800 😆

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, gjm said:

Unless you're planing a move to the Azores, Iceland, or one of a couple of other Scandinavian countries, this really is as good as it gets.

Given the choice, I’d rather the Canaries over the Azores! Both wonderful (if quiet) but I think you’d go slightly less stir crazy at the former. And I actually saw a few E30’s there. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 5:17 PM, Jacko said:

Anyone else thinking this country is a bit of a mess and considering moving somewhere else.... :D 

Germany's looking good

FCP care package, took 5 days to get from New York to Auckland, who do the genius's at UPS in Auckland decide to give it to to make the last 600km to Wellington?  Aramex.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 11/30/2022 at 5:17 PM, Jacko said:

Anyone else thinking this country is a bit of a mess and considering moving somewhere else.... :D 

Yup. If it wasn't for family I would be back in the US. So much more fun. 

57 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Yup. If it wasn't for family I would be back in the US. So much more fun. 

It's also full of Americans! 😮;) 

• Haha 1

On 12/1/2022 at 7:11 PM, Spinner99 said:

FCP care package, took 5 days to get from New York to Auckland, who do the genius's at UPS in Auckland decide to give it to to make the last 600km to Wellington?  Aramex.   

happened to me, took 10 days for Aramex to get to Welly, lost my request (Via UPS) to call me to collect from depot, delivered and left by my mailbox (no authority to leave), box damaged.

Aramex are the worst courier company I've encountered in any country.  Rebranding from Fastway has not improved anything.

#complaintoUPS

I said "Had I known UPS would assign my parcel to Aramex I'd have requested my vendor use another carrier"

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Olaf said:

happened to me, took 10 days for Aramex to get to Welly, lost my request (Via UPS) to call me to collect from depot, delivered and left by my mailbox (no authority to leave), box damaged.

Aramex are the worst courier company I've encountered in any country.  Rebranding from Fastway has not improved anything.

#complaintoUPS

I said "Had I known UPS would assign my parcel to Aramex I'd have requested my vendor use another carrier"

No care, no responsibility. Amazingly, people get fired from this company for being hopeless, so they do have standards... Somewhere!

• Haha 1

o2jxo3irka691.jpg

On 12/4/2022 at 8:50 AM, Olaf said:

#complaintoUPS

100%, complaint is already underway.  I'll never use UPS again.  Parcel update,  it scanned as arriving in the Aramex Wellington depot this morning, so that took 7 days to get from Auckland to Wellington :)  Do you think I could go down there and pick it up?  I've got a mental image of them having such a backlog they wouldn't even be able to find it if I asked them to.

By contrast, a package I thought was coming from a NZ company came out of China using DHL.  It was picked up on 2 December in China and delivered to my door today. Very happy with that!

• Like 1

Continuing with the courier rants.

PBT delivery from Chch to Masterton which has still not been received.
Just useless.

image.png

It's been an hour away from me for 7 days.......

Edited by Driftit

24 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Continuing with the courier rants.

Just useless.

image.png

It's been an hour away from me for 7 days.......

Doesn’t “signed as received” mean they are saying it’s delivered?

7 hours ago, lord_jagganath said:

^ PB has done the same to me, and they had actually put it on NZ Post Rural .

Yup its likely they handed it to another service. But now its off the radar. So who knows. The PBT chat bot was more helpful than any human I have spoken with. 

• Haha 2

Been waiting for something to be delivered by PBT for about a week. Just been sitting in the local depot for ever. Rang them and they were quite helpful and they put it on a sprint courier and I had it within the hour.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 7:30 PM, Spinner99 said:

100%, complaint is already underway.  I'll never use UPS again.  Parcel update,  it scanned as arriving in the Aramex Wellington depot this morning, so that took 7 days to get from Auckland to Wellington :)  Do you think I could go down there and pick it up?  I've got a mental image of them having such a backlog they wouldn't even be able to find it if I asked them to.

By contrast, a package I thought was coming from a NZ company came out of China using DHL.  It was picked up on 2 December in China and delivered to my door today. Very happy with that!

fcp parcel arrived today!!! 

A couple of things I've learned over the last few days

1.  FCP will only use UPS now (well that's what they told me anyway)

2.  UPS have a contract with Aramex to deliver their stuff in NZ (according to the person I spoke to at UPS).

I won't say never, but I think I'll probably go back to Pelican, it's a bit more expensive but they currently let you choose from DHL, FedEx or USPS.

• Like 1

1. Yeah they have been using sorely UPS for awhile now, at least 1 or 2 months.

2. Done 2 orders with them since they started using UPS, they arrived couple of days slower than Fedex but could be X-mas volumes. Rural delivery you dont have to rely on Aramex for the final delivery so its usually pretty reliable once its cleared customs. UPS tracking system is rubbish so im unsure of the particulars, it may just go to NZ post depot straight off the plane in that case.

USPS is by far the worse postal option in my experience. Always taken 2-4 weeks to arrive and basically no tracking. Dont know what they are like today but probably still rubbish compared to DHL and Fedex.  

Havent really looked at Pelican for many years, i used to use them all the time. I see they have updated their site finally. They were always very slow to process orders and ship when i used to use them.

Had a parcel delivered by Aramex today, expect it wasn’t for me, but for the house across the street and two up. I guess it’s easy to mix up 5 and 8. Rookies 

On 12/8/2022 at 8:59 AM, Driftit said:

Another renaming / re-branding to try and lose their image of “Peter breaker” which they worked so hard to get!🤣

• Haha 1

My own dumb fault but made the mistake of listing my old iPhone 12 Pro Max on Facebook marketplace.

So many mouth breathers, dreamers and scammers it’s crazy.

Thought I may have had a genuine buyer who was suddenly shocked I wasn’t going to instantly send it to him as soon as he produced his ‘bank transfer screenshot’. Shockingly the ‘funds’ never made it to my bank account 😂

Off to Trademe I guess and suck up those 8-9% fees…

Yeah i can imagine selling that sort of item would really draw out the riff raff

• Like 1

Got the E30 ‘vert all back together, warrant and rego all done. 
…and it hasn’t stopped bloody raining ever since so i can’t take for a drive and enjoy it. 

4 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Got the E30 ‘vert all back together, warrant and rego all done. 
…and it hasn’t stopped bloody raining ever since so i can’t take for a drive and enjoy it. 

Ah, so its your fault it is raining! ;)

It does feel that way at the moment. Getting the vert legal a more effective than a rain dance!!