Apex

Quick rant thread.

Been told it'll rain every day (here) from now 'til Christmas. And be cloudy and overcast on the 25th.

On 12/4/2022 at 8:50 AM, Olaf said:

happened to me, took 10 days for Aramex to get to Welly, lost my request (Via UPS) to call me to collect from depot, delivered and left by my mailbox (no authority to leave), box damaged.

Aramex are the worst courier company I've encountered in any country.  Rebranding from Fastway has not improved anything.

#complaintoUPS

I said "Had I known UPS would assign my parcel to Aramex I'd have requested my vendor use another carrier"

Purchased item via TM; picked up in Auckland Monday and delivered to me in Wellington suburbia midday Wednesday. Tracking link provided by TM indicates it was carried by Aramex. Seems that Aramex could be the default carrier if the seller uses the "Book a Courier" service provided by TM. Sorry to be the bearer of good news and spoil a decent rant :D 

Yeah, if you use TM then Aramex often comes out as the cheapest option on Book A Courier so lots of those items will be going on that courier.

I sold a few bits on TM in the free selling offer and used Aramex for all the Shipping because of the above, and all went well.

They’re not always crap, but there is a high chance of crapness being involved, which is true of just about any courier from my experiences.

• Like 1

According to Aramex I now magically live in an RD zone so they have to offload everything to another courier driver. Same sh*te different name. 

Ten days, Auckland to Napier, for a next-day delivery.

Eleven days, Chch to Napier, for a next-day delivery.

Book sent from the UK (to Napier) - estimated 5-10 days for delivery. In Auckland in 2 days (!); 12 days from Auckland to Napier !

Watched some kid and his brother in daddies new Ranger trying to Stevie Wonder their way around the Supercheap carpark this morning. Cameras and sensors on every corner, all the gear an no idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They are awful things to try and maneuver, oversized with a poor turning radius. Just piles of crap in general really, that why they only have one type of owner.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I was just thinking, having driven to Hamilton today, how annoying it is that Ford seems to be delivering all these new Rangers with apparently broken indicators, very few seem to work, I'm sure the drivers are just as upset.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, M3AN said:

I was just thinking, having driven to Hamilton today, how annoying it is that Ford seems to be delivering all these new Rangers with apparently broken indicators, very few seem to work, I'm sure the drivers are just as upset.

It is a common occurrence on most cars these days unfortunately Dave

Often I explain that to them, in the usual fashion 🙂

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 2:08 PM, jon dee said:

Purchased item via TM; picked up in Auckland Monday and delivered to me in Wellington suburbia midday Wednesday. Tracking link provided by TM indicates it was carried by Aramex. Seems that Aramex could be the default carrier if the seller uses the "Book a Courier" service provided by TM. Sorry to be the bearer of good news and spoil a decent rant :D 

not at all.  Aramex completed the same totally useless service on my most recent parts order; a week in-country, UPS declare it's delayed, then it shows up without any update to tracking.  Useless.  You're just lucky it would seem.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Olaf said:

not at all.  Aramex completed the same totally useless service on my most recent parts order; a week in-country, UPS declare it's delayed, then it shows up without any update to tracking.  Useless.  You're just lucky it would seem.

Ditto, but not surprising as we're both in Wellington and serviced by the same useless depot

• Like 1

People who state they want a quick sale but yet have a ridiculously high asking price. Can't have both!

The dreaded "drivetrain" alert returns.  *Sigh* 

At least this time the alert disappeared after restart and I'm going in for service anyway. 

I wonder how many of these alerts per year is normal.:huh:

Car got blanket bombed by a bird, from the size of the dropping it must have been the size of a bloody  albatross!

Hard to get a decent photo of the results with the reflections….

819C73B1-A5A3-458E-A751-05D5BF92D0FD.jpeg 

At least all the rain made it pretty soft and easy to wipe off!

• Haha 3

its utterly f**ked that the tribunal basically washed their hands of it and wont hold Beachams accountable. 

7 hours ago, Twistee said:

This is pretty bad, I would be burn down car dealership angry if this happened to me. 

https://i.stuff.co.nz/motoring/300780384/man-who-lost-100k-on-stolen-jaguar-failed-to-recover-money-from-auckland-dealer

Mr Beacham, owner of Beachams, had restoration work done by... Beachams, to increase the 'value' of a car from $10k to $100k. It could be argued that there is $90k worth of work there, somewhere.

Did Mr Beacham reach into his own pocket and transfer funds to his company to pay for the work done? If not, then the company absolutely had a part to play in this.

Claim needs to be refiled in the District Court, Tribunal doesn't have relevant jurisdiction, that's obvious in this case and not their fault.

Seller is still obviously liable.

A simple question might have been, how did you acquire the car for $10k? Being experienced in the sale and purchase of similar vehicles.

Was it because there was no provenance/ownership papers?

Edited by Palazzo

Did the dealership ‘claim expenses’ if they did the restoration?

Intentional tax avoidance on the $90k of ‘profit’, ahh-hem,  ‘personal income’?

Wonder if IRD is gonna come calling next… 🤣

Edited by treone

5 hours ago, Cement said:

Forum post quotes that include three pages of images 😆

And those people who post a one line reply quoting the full three pages of images :angry::argggg-min:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not enough detail on "car was sold without knowledge".  Likely car was not paid for, and sold to defray expenses... was it in fact 'stolen'?

• Like 1

Curbed the missus' front left wheel on the F31.... she had already curbed it so no real drama but have lost my right to moan about her curbing!

Is there any way to repair machined metal finished wheels?