Apex

Quick rant thread.

13 hours ago, gjm said:

On a concrete floor in front of a bench. You even get to trample on some smug gits face while working. 

Not recommended - slippery to stand on.  Use a purpose-built rubber mat.  Safety first.

• Like 1

Totally agree with @Olaf, estate agents are slippery creatures; best to wear some form of hobnail boot or crampon whilst standing on their faces. 

• Haha 2

Heart is still racing after nearly getting gently touched by some old bird in a Skyline. I was waiting outside the local supermarket and noticed a really long queue of traffic behind a old r33 four door that was limping up the road with granny peering out from behind the wheel. Next minute she aims for the park in front of me and just starts the world's slowest turn into the spot which was directly through the front quarter of the M5, while the parking sensors started to go I rapidly grabbed reverse and left some black lines to get out of her way as she continued on and mounted the kerb. FFS! Had I been a minute longer in the shop this would be a different headline about ancient hag seen flying through air into path of oncoming traffic, local man praised as hero for removing menace from the road. 

• Haha 3

Didn't end so well for the guy I tried to stop on the weekend.

Can just see my Merc in the first photo just past the police car. Ute guy was a very lucky hero. Nearly rolled it with his family in it. But if he hadn't tried it was going to be a head on.

Trying to stop a car at 90kph.. Well I couldn't figure out a safe way in the few mins I had. 

https://times-age.co.nz/he-was-heading-into-oncoming-traffic/

• Like 2

@Driftit looks like you & the Mrs in the photo as well if you zoom in.

Good on ya for stepping in.

3 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

@Driftit looks like you & the Mrs in the photo as well if you zoom in.

Good on ya for stepping in.

I was going to summon my inner Fava and Pitt maneuver him but I've only been on the receiving end of that and it didn't end well. 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Driftit said:

I was going to summon my inner Fava and Pitt maneuver him but I've only been on the receiving end of that and it didn't end well. 

Did anyone figure out what the deal was with his bonnet not staying closed?

8 hours ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

Did anyone figure out what the deal was with his bonnet not staying closed?

He had had an accident earlier. I noticed the bonnet was crumpled, not just folded back. But as we were expecting him to pull over I didn't think much of it. Police had been looking for someone driving around on a local reserve earlier. 

After the accident a group carried him away from the power lines. We noticed he was in his PJ bottoms and bare feet. Definitely a medical event. Possibly alzheimers. 

• Sad 1

Sitting on hold to the bank, the choice of hold music is NZ music or easy listening - where is the NO music option. Who thinks that a hugely compressed distorted rendition of some sponsored band being played out of a phone speaker is some how going to lower my blood pressure while I wait ? Banks are so out of touch with reality. I'm posting this after 10 minutes of waiting because they are "experiencing higher than normal volumes of being useless". 

Edited by Twistee
can't spell
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes before an answer, it's great being a priority customer. Don't quite know what is being prioritised other than my blood pressure. 

Edited by Twistee

It's even worse when they are still using copper lines or some old switch.  8 bit sound would be better.

3 hours ago, Twistee said:

Who thinks that a hugely compressed distorted rendition of some sponsored band being played out of a phone speaker is some how going to lower my blood pressure while I wait ?

Probably by design to make people hang up. Put it on speaker, decrease to volume so you can barely hear the verbal diarrhea, then it goes silent you good to go.

Repco.

Priced up new brakes for the wifes Mazda, the pads were $346.

Delivered by DHL Express from Spareto, $139.

Same brand, same part no.

Even including the discs (and the massive jump in freight cost), Spareto was $140 cheaper.

And control arm bushes for the same car at $174 for a brand I've never heard of versus $25 plus shipping.

No wonder they got the nickname.

• Like 2

Yeah mostly rubbish stock these days   

On 10/26/2022 at 8:23 PM, Driftit said:

Could of been car RamRod!

On 10/28/2022 at 11:18 AM, Twistee said:

34 minutes before an answer, it's great being a priority customer. Don't quite know what is being prioritised other than my blood pressure. 

Pffffttt... 34 minutes is kid stuff. Try 2 hours and 58 minutes to get a simple plan change with 2degrees. First wait a little over an hour to get a real person on line, then discover that they don't have the credentials to make the change. I will transfer you to someone who does she said... and an hour and 15 minutes wait. Eventually got someone who could do the changes, but that took another half an hour or so. 

Why not hang up you say ? Normally I would have only in this case I needed the plan change before leaving for a trip. After the first wait I was so far into it that I decided to stay on the line and see how long it actually took... 2 hours and 58 minutes :) Lucky I had other work to do on the PC while I was waiting. But yeah... We value your business... please stay on the line for the next agent.... repeated ad nauseam !!! What a fkn joke !!!! 

Cheers...

• Haha 1

@jon dee I'm very impressed with your commitment, but I was sold the idea that telcos were super easy to deal with 😁

11 minutes ago, Twistee said:

@jon dee I'm very impressed with your commitment, but I was sold the idea that telcos were super easy to deal with 😁

You were also sold an E61 M5, you may have an issue!! 😉

• Haha 2

Hmmmm - I typically wait a minute for Spark, request a callback then they just call me back 15 minutes later?

23 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Hmmmm - I typically wait a minute for Spark, request a callback then they just call me back 15 minutes later?

Yes... Vodafone also offer a callback service that I have used,  but 2degrees don't have that in their automated answering service. They do have a comprehensive range of answers to simple every day questions, but when a query goes outside those simple answers you just go on the end of a seriously long queue for a real person. 

Rest assured I will be looking at alternative service providers !!!!

• Like 1

Callbacks... Try Aramex. It's fair to say that given the number of items they ship, some will get lost. I understand that, but would have hoped that given a certainty, they'd have a system for dealing with it.

Days to get a reply by email. Phone calls are a complete waste of time. In the meantime, the customer you've sent something to (often) wants to know why they've not received their package; the saving grace with that is that an increasing number of folk know the service is sh!t so even sympathise when you're trying to get something sorted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gjm said:

Callbacks... Try Aramex. It's fair to say that given the number of items they ship, some will get lost. I understand that, but would have hoped that given a certainty, they'd have a system for dealing with it.

Days to get a reply by email. Phone calls are a complete waste of time. In the meantime, the customer you've sent something to (often) wants to know why they've not received their package; the saving grace with that is that an increasing number of folk know the service is sh!t so even sympathise when you're trying to get something sorted.

Worst courier company ever!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 325iRod said:

Worst courier company ever!

Agreed, lost some very expensive items recently and when they did turn up they were unusable. 

• Sad 1

You know your complete garbage when you gotta change your name 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Eagle said:

You know your complete garbage when you gotta change your name 

Pretty much this. Its like Fastway said "hold my beer"...