Apex

Quick rant thread.

I was part of the group of motorcyclists that went off the road near tokoroa on boxing day. I made it through the corner, but 2 friends and dad didn't. Gravel had been dropped mid corner in an attempt to fix tar bleed, so 3 bikes ended up in the water table and dad still in hospital. The bikes just dissapeared from under them with no chance.

Police were pissed off as 3 people had died a few days before on the same roads for similar reasons.

Small world, I met Pete and Fee yesterday, I live next door to Pete's parents.

Bummer about your old man and his bike!

• Like 1

Small world, I met Pete and Fee yesterday, I live next door to Pete's parents.

Bummer about your old man and his bike!

Ha, small world it is!

Hitting a wasp nest with a rotary slasher. Angry little f#&^kers.

• Like 1

Having a truck traveling the other way through road works at close to 100kph and throwing stones all over the place. What a dick.

post-17205-0-46780700-1451352611_thumb.j

^^^ FARK , hate that sh*t, another road works horror, they damn well are everywhere and piss poor as well. Had three trips to Auck recently and the road is just falling apart, utter sh*t

• Like 2

Attempted to install seat anchors for baby seats in E39 parcel shelf, anyone else had trouble doing this? Pretty sure the bolts need to be more like 60mm long, not the piddly 30mm ones supplied .

And dammit, what is this 5/16'' (or whatever it is) sh*t, out here in the normal world we use the metric system!

• Like 2

Attempted to install seat anchors for baby seats in E39 parcel shelf, anyone else had trouble doing this? Pretty sure the bolts need to be more like 60mm long, not the piddly 30mm ones supplied .

And dammit, what is this 5/16'' (or whatever it is) sh*t, out here in the normal world we use the metric system!

Deffo need to be longer, and you need a spacer between the parcel tray and the steel bodywork (OR, a MASSIVE hole to fit the spacer through). Having said that, we have the electric rear blind, which might make it different.

It took e about 3 hours to fit all 3, which should have really been a 30 minute job :D

The Mazda Tribute we had required a more-or-less complete interior removal to do the handbrake cable. :(

Ended up going okay in the end- Andy I have split folding rear seats so access was good. Chucked the stupid moronic retarded piece of junk imperial bolts and associated crap in the bin and went with some much stronger 8.8 grade metric ones.

• Like 3

The metal cooling system on my e28 failing. Trying to be an e36 or something...

At least it did it while I was in the engine bay, not driving (which I've yet to actually do).

The barb for the small pipe on the bottom of the thermostat housing broke off when I touched the pipe connected to it. It's very badly corroded. I'm not sure if it's a separate piece or part of the housing yet, but a new housing is probably a good idea anyway.

This bit: http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=68438

Edited by eliongater

so you are taking the passenger seat in the E30 this weekend then? :P

• Like 1

Went out to the wings and wheels show in Mosgiel, spotted an isetta and a tidy e21. Then this a**hole in a commodore that decided it was a good idea to box me in my park. Had to go back in again to get the guy on the mic to call out the rego and get them to move. So after about half n hour was able to leave. Well, after waiting ten mins to get out on the streetpost-5102-0-32056500-1453016834_thumb.pn

• Like 1

you should have skidded it up and got the ass around GTA5 style and then backed out

• Like 2

Well there was a gap I reckon I could of Just squeezed out of between him and the car next to me, but the other half kept yelling at me to not try. Or the smash his window and take the brake off

Use the jack and push method :-)

Did that to a guy parked in Dads shop carpack once. jack the car up, push backwards off the jack (scissor jacks are good, or a trolley jack on hard surfaces). Repeat until moved far enough.

We left the guy parked on the roadside..... shop was opposite the cop shop, wasn't there the next morning, but we got the chains up to lock off the carpark - The guy should be grateful we didn't chain him IN ;)

Use the jack and push method :-)

Did that to a guy parked in Dads shop carpack once. jack the car up, push backwards off the jack (scissor jacks are good, or a trolley jack on hard surfaces). Repeat until moved far enough.

We left the guy parked on the roadside..... shop was opposite the cop shop, wasn't there the next morning, but we got the chains up to lock off the carpark - The guy should be grateful we didn't chain him IN ;)

Haha I'll remember that for next time! Pity my jack is a sill insert type so not much use on anything else

Getting a drop of atf in my eye. And then the head of the bolt breaking. All of this is in the gravel at pick a part.

The joys of working on cars lol

• Like 2

Smashed my damn phone's screen.
Replacement ordered, $155 down the drain.

• Like 1

its just too easy to break the screens nowadays. bring back the nokia 3310 and samsung flip phones!!

It's been pretty crap so far.

I'm taking next week off to see if starting over in February improves things.

• Like 1

Need 400 fans to bring the temperature down enough to get to sleep and then can't sleep because of the noise from the fans.

• Like 3

Need 400 fans to bring the temperature down enough to get to sleep and then can't sleep because of the noise from the fans.

I'm just using the mister from my grow room and extraction fan from my meth lab. Damn it, the drugs can wait, I need to sleep!

And the kids don't need the extractor in their bedroom anyway, they don't sleep at all. Ever. Crazy that, not sure why.

• Like 3

Bloody flies, never had this many of them and they don't seem to be afraid of humans, keep kamikaze bombing me.. Little feckers!!

• Like 1