Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

e46.   Peak BMW, imo. No fuss, not too much extra, but pretty much everything you need.  Hopefully this car is a 6cylinder and 3 pedals?

1 hour ago, leonf said:

e46.   Peak BMW, imo. No fuss, not too much extra, but pretty much everything you need.  Hopefully this car is a 6cylinder and 3 pedals?

Can almost gaurantee it's auto and probably a 4 cylinder. Maybe a little 6.

If it was a better car, they'd have liked driving it more 🤣

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Allanw said:

Can almost gaurantee it's auto and probably a 4 cylinder. Maybe a little 6.

If it was a better car, they'd have liked driving it more 🤣

'01 325i auto sedan. 

Wonder if they have ever changed things like fluids or tires during all those years.   

Pic for posterity.  It's very nice.  And yes,,,,,,,,,$20k.   Probably worth it, but if ya use it, it'll depreciate fast.

image.png.6d8afa10dd2e61e404bacab32a83e11d.png

It's lovely but surely it'll only appeal to an e46 enthusiast with $20k too much in their pocket? Otherwise, if you're walking into BMW with $20k looking for a small/mid car you're driving out in a nice Fxx aren't you?

• Like 1

Saw that pop up on Trademe a while ago. Nice that it's low mileage and all but honestly, $20k? As far as E46's go, there's literally nothing desirable about that spec for any collector to blink twice at. Least desirable body shape, least desirable gearbox, midrange engine, non-Msport, no rare factory goodies like auto lights & wipers etc. etc. No matter the km's, all the usual rubber and plastic components under the hood will be getting hard and brittle with age and will need replacing in due course anyway if it's ever destined to do more than the annual 20km to the WoF shop and back. Maybe in another 10 years time the E46 prices will start creeping up to the heights of today's E30's? In the here and now though, a real enthusiast would go for something like this, surely.

Keep it in the showroom as a reminder of how far wrong they've gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

NZ New - Oddly/Poorly spec'd with an old man interior.  Nearly every time.

• Like 2

That was the market - in terms of buyer and offering, back then. Again it shows how both have changed over the last 20+ years.

As I understand it, NZ New, one owner before the dealer. Was used very sparingly (only to church on Sunday’s?) before owner passed and car was pretty much parked up for a period.

It would need to be kept as a garage queen / shows and meetings car and extremely low kms to make it worthwhile purchase. Hopefully there is someone out there who will do exactly that, if I had the room and permission I definately would.

I dont see the point of keeping it a garage queen myself, its never going to appreciate much in value and its nothing special to drive in that spec. Id just use the car as intended without caring about the mileage while keeping it garaged and maintained.        

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

I dont see the point of keeping it a garage queen myself, its never going to appreciate much in value and its nothing special to drive in that spec. Id just use the car as intended without caring about the mileage while keeping it garaged and maintained.        

This.

But then it's a $2500 car right?

I wonder what BMW traded it for, $5k max surely, and they're just trying to take the piss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

This.

But then it's a $2500 car right?

I wonder what BMW traded it for, $5k max surely, and they're just trying to take the piss.

Yeah i think trade in would of been around 5k give or take. I wonder what the market thinks its actually worth if you $1 reserved it, 10k max id guess. You are paying a premium 'bought it off the dealer in 2001 type experience'.

As you say its really for a fan with yolo money to spend.

14 hours ago, M3AN said:

I don’t believe it was a trade in, and as an aside 99% of trade-ins vehicles are currently “over-traded”.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
Better grammer
  • Like 1

Ultra rare M3323i spotted this morning. 

E850DA0D-B640-46FE-B5F1-650FDA26E14F.jpeg

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, Kees said:

Ultra rare M3323i

Nah - its the black BMW badge that makes it rare 🤣

• Haha 1

Just around 4pm sharp this afternoon (20230611) blue e28 535i on Redoubt road towards Rainbows End, not sure if you are a forum member. Silver M5ISH here. Good to see another example driving around.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 5:53 PM, Cannabis9478 said:

Just around 4pm sharp this afternoon (20230611) blue e28 535i on Redoubt road towards Rainbows End, not sure if you are a forum member. Silver M5ISH here. Good to see another example driving around.

Think I saw you on Mill Rd about same time :) 

On 6/13/2023 at 12:11 AM, Jacko said:

Think I saw you on Mill Rd about same time :) 

Lol I think that section of road is called Redoubt road already, I am heading towards NDP at Cavendish drive for fuel, was in the same direction as the blue E28.

A nz new BMW 125d F20, had no idea such a thing existed. Neither does the owner as they fail to pay RUC.

• Haha 1

Tidy looking T2 spotted.

I also saw what looked like a 135i - ‘CRBN’ that looked like it meant business. By the look of it, I could tell that there was something mean under the hood. Quite unlike all the E90’s you see with stickers, DTM’s, and M badges. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was a member’s car.

IMG_0332.jpeg

IMG_0333.jpeg

• Like 10