Apex

Quick rant thread.

Ordered some parts from FCP a few weeks ago. All my previous orders from them had gone through FedEx by default but this time for some reason it ended up with UPS. The tracking info hadn't been updated for a few days and the scheduled delivery date had passed by 2 days so I called them up. UPS said there'd been a delay but that the parcel has been forwarded to the local delivery partner (Aramex, naturally) 2 days prior, the time of the last tracking update. Called up Aramex who claimed they'd never received the package... Que mild panic. Sure enough the package was waiting for me on the porch that same evening, without any tracking updates and with Aramex claiming they'd never seen it just a few hours prior. No big deal in the end but doesn't exactly fill you with confidence. 

fedex can sub out to a local carrier too. Cant remember if its aramex or nzcouriers.

On 11/2/2022 at 12:04 PM, gjm said:

Callbacks... Try Aramex. It's fair to say that given the number of items they ship, some will get lost. I understand that, but would have hoped that given a certainty, they'd have a system for dealing with it.

Days to get a reply by email. Phone calls are a complete waste of time. In the meantime, the customer you've sent something to (often) wants to know why they've not received their package; the saving grace with that is that an increasing number of folk know the service is sh!t so even sympathise when you're trying to get something sorted.

This morning - a month after shipping, the package was delivered.

Bear in mind that it has taken a week to get any sort of response out of Aramex.

Within 20 minutes of delivery I had received two emails, one advising me that my parcel had been delivered, and one advising my case is closed.

Obviously no word, explanation or hint of why it took so long.

S'pose we should just be grateful that they deigned to perform the service they were paid for, even if it was over 4 weeks later...

On 11/2/2022 at 1:12 PM, 325iRod said:

Worst courier company ever!

That’s a pretty high bar for them to get over. Pretty sure it’s a pre-requisite for anyone wanting to set up a courier company.

”I want to set up a courier company”

”Will it be sh*t service?”

”yes, definitely”

”Great, of you go, fill your boots!”

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, gjm said:

This morning - a month after shipping, the package was delivered.

Bear in mind that it has taken a week to get any sort of response out of Aramex.

Within 20 minutes of delivery I had received two emails, one advising me that my parcel had been delivered, and one advising my case is closed.

Obviously no word, explanation or hint of why it took so long.

S'pose we should just be grateful that they deigned to perform the service they were paid for, even if it was over 4 weeks later...

Had a few similar experiences over the years, mostly with domestic NZ post. Can't really do much except wait for it to turn up one day. At least stuff actually going missing isn't common place. 

Found in my letterbox this morning.

Unsure if contents were swiped while in there (cleared daily) or delivered like that.

(razor foil from China)

Foil postal package.jpg

Anyone else see an ad for a Nissan Tiidious, or Toyota Wish-I-was-a-proper-car, extolling the virtues of cheap japanese transport and how wonderful it is, how comfy, what a great little runabout, so good for popping to the shops, always cared for, never thrashed, crashed or bashed...

And feel like screaming "It's a horrible piece of SH!T!" 

Right hand lane on the way to a roundabout, going straight on, got to stop and check three times that nothing is approaching from the right (heaven forbid we look ahead), and don't - whatever you do - push the pedal on the right because you saw Back to the Future and who knows - it might happen? You might (unlikely, bud!) find yourself alongside another vehicle when the 200m to single carriageway sign is passed so you brake - HARD! - and cannot understand why the 40-ton truck behind you is so p!ssed off, leaning on the horn... Can't be because that tractor and trailer in the inside lane that you're now tucking in beind has nowhere to pull over for the next several km...

Edited by gjm
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Waiting for my daughter outside her primary school and an absolute idiot in his 30's on a Yamaha dirt bike, no helmet, gumboots, jeans and a hoody put it on the back wheel and nearly mowed down a bunch of kids while riding down the road, then over the grass - rinse and repeat. Then out of the blue he stopped in the middle of the road and had a long enough conversation with someone he clearly knew for me to get my phone out and capture in glorious 4k him doing the same thing back up the road. If it weren't for the fact that I have a car/plate/driver clear as day in the video and wonderful facials of this muppet coming by I wouldn't bother with trying to give this to the local cops in person. Only problem with that is that thanks to budget cuts they are closed until Monday. 

The wild west is getting wilder. 

• Sad 1

On 10/28/2022 at 12:55 PM, Driftit said:

It's even worse when they are still using copper lines or some old switch.  8 bit sound would be better.

Did somebody mention.... 8-Bit?! 😁

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 12:55 PM, Driftit said:

It's even worse when they are still using copper lines or some old switch.  8 bit sound would be better.

Did somebody mention.... 8-Bit?! 😁

• Haha 2

Black Friday sales in NZ.

Waste of time.  Most of the stuff I have found on sale from Repco/Supercheap is not actually as cheap as it has been in other random sales.

If you are going to embrace a big sales day from another country at least put some effort into it.  All they have seem to have done is change the title of their normal every week sales.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Black Friday sales in NZ.

Waste of time.  Most of the stuff I have found on sale from Repco/Supercheap is not actually as cheap as it has been in other random sales.

If you are going to embrace a big sales day from another country at least put some effort into it.  All they have seem to have done is change the title of their normal every week sales.

Picked up this tool cabinet from SCA yesterday. Just about the only decent deal that stood out.

image.png.00f9687ea9819286aa7d6e7df2a64173.png

Buy Heritage model ex-overseas. beautiful car, but box arrived munted and a wiper blade was missing. lucky for me in classic car fashion, the missing wiper blade was in the boot. still happy with the purchase. awesome detail. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I hope that flour was manually harvested and ground etc, then transported by foot and not by fossil fuel based processes...

otherwise they've increased the reliance on fossil fuels, to protest on a car that has no emissions... because it won't be driven anywhere!🤣

• Haha 4

Instant "Barn Find" :)  Chance here for one of those... "Abandoned for 30 years... will if run and drive 2000 miles" programs :D 

Cheers...

2 minutes ago, Twistee said:

Following a 1 series? Looked like e39 to me, but regardless, what a loser.

48 minutes ago, Palazzo said:

Following a 1 series? Looked like e39 to me, but regardless, what a loser.

MB W211, probably an E55 or something. Playing special needs autobahn runs.

Anyone else thinking this country is a bit of a mess and considering moving somewhere else.... :D 

• Like 1

^ all things considering, I thought the same of my previous country .... the grass is always greener on the otherside. must be a prismatic effect. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jacko said:

Anyone else thinking this country is a bit of a mess and considering moving somewhere else.... :D 

Nope! Don't have to look far to find a more messed up country, I'll stick around and see how it turns out....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jacko said:

Not even a teensy, tiny, little bit.

I've lived in a lot of places. Trust me - NZ is an oasis of calm. Yup, got it's problems, but really nothing like those faced by so many other places. Oz looks good - more money, cheaper cost of living (depending on where you go) but bear in mind that if it moves, it'll probably kill you. And if it doesn't move, it'll probably still kill you.

Unless you're planing a move to the Azores, Iceland, or one of a couple of other Scandinavian countries, this really is as good as it gets.

A great shame that such a loud part of our political media seems hellbent on trying to persuade people otherwise.

• Like 3