Apex

Quick rant thread.

Not being able to decide if I should buy another e28...

• Like 1

Paying the same in pounds for a litre of diesel as I do in NZ dollars. When the exchange rate is 2.5 $ to the GBP!!

• Like 5

HUGE trucks driving on the motorway in the middle or 'fast' lane at 80-90kp/h

They should be banished to the 'slow' lane!

• Like 1

In the last 12 hrs I have seen

• A motorcycle riding up the pavement against traffic then cutting across 4 lanes to take an exit on the other side of the road
  • Stopped to watch a people mover take 3 erratic laps of a roundabout while the occupants discussed where to go
  • Followed a car where the driver decided the best way to navigate merge was to stop dead and wait till traffic cleared..
  • And finally minutes after that a car weaving within its lane hitting the curb

If I had been driving for the last 12 hours you could almost explain witnessing a large number of poor driving events, but no I have only covered 15km...

WTF?

• Like 4

In the last 12 hrs I have seen

• A motorcycle riding up the pavement against traffic then cutting across 4 lanes to take an exit on the other side of the road
  • Stopped to watch a people mover take 3 erratic laps of a roundabout while the occupants discussed where to go
  • Followed a car where the driver decided the best way to navigate merge was to stop dead and wait till traffic cleared..
  • And finally minutes after that a car weaving within its lane hitting the curb

If I had been driving for the last 12 hours you could almost explain witnessing a large number of poor driving events, but no I have only covered 15km...

WTF?

• Name: Matt

Sounds pretty typical !

• Like 3

Just got back from first trip to the Mother Country in nearly nine years, even more cars, white vans, buses and trucks than ever I can remember (even in London with congestion charges and Low Emissions zones) and overall traffic density probably 10 times that of New Zealand..

And yet the traffic still flows better.. and why? Because the standard of driving is much, much, better overall.

• Like 7

You mean people accelerate to 100kmh before the end of the on ramps?

NZ (South Auckland particularly) needs a new road sign that says : Get off ya Fn Phone and Hurry The F Up for the next 100km

• Like 3

Ha ha, I remember the Labour party making it one of their big policies before the last election.

Jon the pom

Take the following driving challenge

Go to brands hatch and try and get out of the carpark in under two hours at end of meet. Compare to Hampton Downs and then comment on how good them uk drivers are ......

Just to be sure try the same thing at Silverstone and report back.

Edited by Neal

I have done both on many occasions, especially Brands, BTCC, Euro Rallycross, Superbikes, etc. Depends on where you park and in what car park... Plus I have never seen 170,000 spectators turn up at Hampton downs - imagine if they did? 50,000 trying to get out of Pukekohe after the V8s is bad enough (worse than Brands, but not Silverstone).

Ha ha, I remember the Labour party making it one of their big policies before the last election.

Having those Motherf*#@rs puling in front of us doing 85k, yep I will be pulling in the fast line in my huge truck.

• Like 3

Having the ride on brake a steering arm, back to the bloody rotary push mower :(

I have done both on many occasions, especially Brands, BTCC, Euro Rallycross, Superbikes, etc. Depends on where you park and in what car park... Plus I have never seen 170,000 spectators turn up at Hampton downs - imagine if they did? 50,000 trying to get out of Pukekohe after the V8s is bad enough (worse than Brands, but not Silverstone).

I once spent about 4 hours getting from Glenfeild to Meremere..... There weren't many cars leaving the "carpark" in Glenfield, but there were a LOT trying to get INTO Meremere ;) We actually parked on SH1 for a while, just north of Huntly - I seem to recall people having lunch on the roadside.

• Like 1

True, forgot about the drags and how 20 cars going in there can cause stationary traffic on the countries main highway...

• Like 1

Having the ride on brake a steering arm, back to the bloody rotary push mower :(

Ha I would abandon the lawns until i fixed the ride on if mine did that :ph34r: Been there done that when other things have happened to mine

• Like 1

Didnt know you owned a Honda Civic!

• Like 3

Posted Image

So this happened on the weekend. My initial thought was that some motherf**ker tried to break into the E28, being that it's the quarter window that's smashed......but it was parked at my brother's place, up a shared driveway, during the day, on Saturday. The conclusion was that it must have been the twat next door flicking a tiny stone (only about 3mm diameter, hole straight through the window!) while weed whacking his driveway. He's probably a really nice guy, but f**k him he smashed my window. I assume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

bugger come see me if you need a another glass

bugger come see me if you need a another glass

Will give you a text tomorrow, payday tomorrow see. So you've got a left hand quarter??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

out of curiosity, whats the trick for getting the broken glass out without making a hell of a mess? Tape it up?

Edited by KwS

*&^@$^*&^*&(*(*^^$$#$%#@#%^*

To say I'm pissed would be the understatement of the year. My average km per liter went from 6.1 to 4.3 today. Indicative of my mood.

I finished putting the clear coat on my rim the other day and took it to Tony's Tires today to get it put on the car.

Who the f*&k takes the clean new rim out of the boot and when they're finished puts the dirty old rim in the back FU(*&^ING SEAT. *&^%%*(%$@@+_)+

Not only was it dirty but heres the result of putting a curbed rim on leather. FU^K.

post-17205-0-76629200-1445487519_thumb.j

MORON'S

The boss wan't there but you can be damn sure he'll be seeing me in the next day or so.